December 31, 2021
Dear Park Shore Families,
We wish all of our Park Shore families a wonderful New Year filled with Health, Happiness, and Success. As we start to think about returning to school we want to review a few important issues with you that we also shared with our staff. We want everyone to know our children’s and staff’s health and safety are our number 1 priority and for that reason, we need you to understand and follow our guidelines that many schools are following due to the rise of cases of the Omicron(Covid) virus. The month of January could create difficulty for our Park Shore families and staff due to this increase and for this reason we want to be clear about the following;
- All returning Children and Staff MUST hand in a Park Shore temperature and symptoms Health Screening form for the past 10 days that we have been closed indicating that they are symptom-free and have not had a fever over 100.
- If you do not have the temperature and Symptom Health Screening Form your child will have to take a rapid or home covid test and have a negative result. We will also need to get a copy or picture of the negative result.
- All children and staff MUST wear a mask while indoors. There will be mask breaks throughout the day and while at lunch.
- There is a possibility that your child’s class will have to be quarantined for10 days if there is a positive case in their class.
- There is a possibility that the school might have to close due to a shortage of staff caused by the virus. In that case, Long Distance Virtual learning will be considered.
- WE WANT EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE 5 DAY QUARANTINE THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD ABOUT IS STRICTLY FOR FULLY VACCINATED STAFF AND NOT FOR CHILDREN.
- If your child has COVID, they must stay home for 10 days. To return to school, you must submit the Suffolk County Department of Health Clearance form, as well as the Park Shore Return to School form.
- Any family who left the continental United States during the holiday recess must get a rapid or PCR test with a negative result to enter school on Monday, January 3, 2022. The test must be taken in the United States and we must receive a copy or picture of the negative test result.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding of this rapidly changing circumstance. Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns. We hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your holiday and we look forward to seeing everyone in the New Year.
Bob & Chuck Budah, Dianne and Robyn