Science: Week of May 4, 2020
Virtual Park Shore
With Miss Tina
Continuing your child’s Park Shore preschool and Kindergarten education from home.
“A great teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.”
Ready to learn?
Week Of May 4th
How Do Leaves Breath?
Let’s Make Slime!
This Week’s Experiments & Activities
How Does A Leaf Breath Experiment
- Shallow glass bowl or container
- Fresh leaves (actually removed from the tree)
- Lukewarm water (room temperature will work if necessary)
- small rocks or weights to hold leaves down
- Patience, this leaf science activity will take a few hours of magic before you can start to observe anything happening.
- Magnifying glass (optional)
Fluffy Slime Chemistry Activity
- 2/3 cup White Washable PVA School Glue
- ¼ cup of water
- 3 cups Foam Shaving Cream
- 1 ½ tbsp Saline Solution
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Food coloring – optional
Try making your very own plant person. Click here for some great ideas for planting activities on this site.
Lego STEAM Experiment
Click here for a fun Lego STEAM activity!
It’s a perfect time to make your own edible Butterfly cycle. Click here for some great ideas. If you make your own I would love to see a picture of what you used!!