Science: Week of April 20, 2020
Virtual Park Shore
With Miss Tina
Continuing your child’s Park Shore preschool and Kindergarten education from home.
“A great teacher takes a hand, opens a mind, and touches a heart.”
Ready to learn?
Week Of April 20th
This Week is Earth Day – Let’s Celebrate the Earth!
This Week’s Experiments & Activities
Make Your Own Plastic
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- Cookie cutters
- Paper towels
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- Food coloring
- Scent ( if you want it to smell nice)
Make Your Own Sidewalk Chalk!
Now that the days are getting nicer – why not try to make your very own puffy sidewalk chalk. Just a few ingredients and lots of fun!!!
Puffy Sidewalk Chalk Paint Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1 tablespoon dish soap – just about any dish soap will work.
5-10 drops food coloring or washable paint
How to Make Sidewalk Chalk Paint
In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour and water until there are no lumps.
Stir in the dish soap to the flour mixture.
Add food coloring of your choice of color until the desired color is achieved.
Pour the mixture into your squeeze bottle.
Give the kids their new sidewalk paint and let them have fun!
Use up the paint on the same day you make it, this recipe doesn’t save well… it will explode if you leave it closed.
If you are making multiple colors, make each color in a different bowl or one at a time and pour into the bottles and then make the next color
Make a Bird Feeder!
Now that the birds are all back from their migration, why not make some awesome bird feeders. Click here to check out this great recipe.
Celebrate Earth Day
Click here for a delicious and fun way to celebrate earth day!
Just For Giggles
18 Funny Earth Day Jokes for Kids
- Why did the leaf go to the doctor? — It was feeling green.
- Why are people always tired on Earth Day? — Because they just finished a March.
- How can you tell the ocean is friendly? — It waves.
- Why is grass so dangerous? — Because it’s full of blades.
- Why did the sun go to school? — To get brighter.
- How do you cut a wave in half? — Use a sea-saw.
- What did the tree wear to the pool party? — Swimming trunks.
- What did the ground say to the earthquake? — You crack me up!
- What kind of shorts do clouds wear? — Thunderwear!
- Why do tornadoes zigzag? — They’re dizzy.
- Why did the woman go outdoors with her purse open? — Because she expected some change in the weather.
- What’s the difference between weather and climate? — You can’t weather a tree, but you can climate.
- What kind of plant grows on your hand? — Palm tree.
- What happens when it rains cats and dogs? — You have to be careful not to step in a poodle.
- What is a tree’s least favorite month? — Sep-timber!
- What’s the biggest moth in the world? — A mammoth!
- Why are recycle bins optimistic? — Because they’re full of cans.
- What did the little tree say to the big tree? — Leaf me alone!